• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is the best aw4 fluid for here in So. Cal?

silverslk

NAXJA Forum User
Since the weather here is different than other places (especially north of bakerfield and east of the border :angel: ) what fluid are you guys running in your aw4's? I need to service mine after hauling that heavy ass uhaul trailer and 3 different cars.

Thanks,
Andy

silverslk said:
Since the weather here is different than other places (especially north of bakerfield and east of the border :angel: ) what fluid are you guys running in your aw4's? I need to service mine after hauling that heavy ass uhaul trailer and 3 different cars.

Thanks,
Andy

You fit in well here :D

Probably the Mopar stuff from the dealership. I think that is what Rollins recommends.

I'm a quick learner :read:

My friend in Arizona uses Valvoline synthetic and I have always liked Redline but want to go to the experts round here.

Thanks Again,
Andy

If you want to get real picky goto a toyota dealer and buy the Toyota trans fluid in the metal can... Since the trans was designed and built by them in the first place... Thats all I have run since getting mine with 45k on it... Even the New Aw4 that is in there now will get the toyota fluid...

Kejtar said:
Nope... AW4 is picky. WHatever it says on the back of the manual, that's what you wanna run. Anyything else is at your own risk.

Actually I don't think it is. I have heard of dealer techs running 7176 ATF but I prefer to stick with Dextron. However most other transmissions can be damaged if you do not run the correct fluid.

Clean-RC said:
Since the trans was designed and built by them in the first place...

Aisin of Japan and Warner gear is where the AW comes from and they are an independant company that makes transmissions for various automotive companies including (at the time) Jeep, Toyota, Mitsubishi, and more. Here's a link to some Aisin/Warner history. Note Established AISIN - WARNER LIMITED (AISIN AW CO., LTD. at present) formed in May 1969.

http://www.aisin.com/profile/history/index.html

MJR said:
Aisin of Japan and Warner gear is where the AW comes from and they are an independant company that makes transmissions for various automotive companies including (at the time) Jeep, Toyota, Mitsubishi, and more. Here's a link to some Aisin/Warner history. Note Established AISIN - WARNER LIMITED (AISIN AW CO., LTD. at present) formed in May 1969.

http://www.aisin.com/profile/history/index.html

The parent company is still owned by a Toyota motors Japan.... Thats what they told us in school eons ago at toyota... Anyways mine has ran almost 200k just fine on the stuff and I see no reason to change now...

Wait a minute here.....I'm supppposed to run fluid in there?
Shoot....I thaught it was just extra weight (80 or 90 lbs? or is that weight?)
Gotta' stay trim!
Rick R:sunshine:

Clean-RC said:
The parent company is still owned by a Toyota motors Japan.... Thats what they told us in school eons ago at toyota... Anyways mine has ran almost 200k just fine on the stuff and I see no reason to change now...

Am I missing something in the companies history because I don't see Toyota listed there.

Back