• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pre run june 10-11th, last minute stuff...

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
sorry for another new thread, but the other ones are closed. anyway, was just thinkin, is there a place to get fire wood up there? can anyone bring any?

someone might check and see if Fires are allowed?

I have firewood I'll throw in - not going to be a LOT but I will bring it if we can have fires.

from what i can gather from the department of forestry web site for TSF...campfires are o.k. but must be in designated areas (fire pits). i will bring whatever wood i can fit in my rig. hopefully the camp host has some for sale. maybe we can all pitch in a buck or two.

I don't think I've ever seen a Camp Host there....

Also, I'm bringing my tabletop bbq, so I'll bring hotdogs, and some other foods, and was toying with the idea of a mini-breakfast for everyone on Sunday morning. Anyone interested in pitching in food items? A sort of potluck. I however do not own a cooler.

When I went last month there was no wood for sale at the campground. There was enough dryish wood around there that we were able to keep a fairly good fire going for most of the night. With the recent rains, I don't really no if that will still be the case though. One word of advice, make sure to bring a hatchet or two it makes life a lot easier!

It sucks that I can't make it, make sure to take lots of pics so I can wheel through you all vicariously.

Pat

Phager said:
One word of advice, make sure to bring a hatchet or two it makes life a lot easier!

Between me and PoSxJ, we could cut down a whole forest! :D He has a Pulowski (sp?) axe and a regular one I think, and I carry two hatchets and a shovel/hatchet. If I had a source on some dry firewood, I'd bring it, but I don't. If someone around here has some, but no way to carry it, I have a fullsize ARB roofrack I've been dying to put to good use... :D

I'll brong a couple full sized shovels. Never know who we will have to bury...OH :shocked: Ummmmm I mean dig out.

There's alot of TSF that has been used for logging. So there is a ton of chopped down, unused trees around. As for them being dry, I have no idea. Anyone bringing extra gas??? I'll bring my "Pulowski (sp?)" axe, another regular one and a hatchet.

Hey Ryan, I think we need to stack some pallets on your new roof rack. How does 15 tall sound?

PoSxJ said:
Hey Ryan, I think we need to stack some pallets on your new roof rack. How does 15 tall sound?

As long as I can dump 'em before wheelin. Talk about HIGH center of gravity! :D

Dvipercop said:
As long as I can dump 'em before wheelin. Talk about HIGH center of gravity! :D

That's why you need a van, man! (I took this pic with my phone...these guys had them stacked INSIDE as well)

Image023.jpg

Back