• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

offroading gone wrong

dudemycar

NAXJA Forum User
what happens when a 20-year old girl decides at the stroke of midnight to take her 2wd (aka one-wheel drive) jeep down a trail she's never even been on before, alone and without cell phone service, because she thinks she won't get stuck even though she's had to be pulled out every time she took the jeep off pavement?

jeep1.jpg

jeep2.jpg

jeep3.jpg

on a happier note, that's my new prerunner bumper from rusty's... took awhile to get it after it got lost in the mid-US somewhere... but i like it.. except it sticks out a little too far in the front, and it didn't come with the light tabs that were advertised...

p.s. here are a few of the other times i've gotten stuck...
jeep6.jpg

jeep4.jpg

jeep5.jpg

Last edited:
Not a smart move. Could have been alot worse, i read the first line and was expecting pics of a rollover. Is that out in simi? So how did your friends find you if u were stuck alone with no cell?

Your rig looks familiar, ever down in the 101 calabassas/woodland hills area?

Last edited:
Why don't you convert it to 4wd? Not too hard. Plus with all the spare parts amongst the SoCal bunch, it may not bee too expensive ;)

-Avery

A buddy of mine did the same thing last week in Simi Valley. I believe the area was called black canyon. Anyways, by the time I got there he had his Toyota prerunner so deep that it took me about an hour to get him out. To top it off I was in business attire because I was still at work and had to go back for a meeting afterwards. My boss couldnt stop laughing at me:).

creeperjeep said:
Girl pix?

We've seen XJ's before, red one's too, even red ones with periscopes.

wait, are you the girl? or the wrangler?
Is the white tank top the girl with the cherokee?
nevermind, babbling, ehh more girl pics?

ruggedjeep: yes i do drive out to calabasas every once in awhile, but usually when i'm on the 101 it's going to the t.o. mall, or out to zuma :)
i had to walk back out to the street (which was only about a 3 minute walk.. i only got about 10 seconds into the trail) before i got one bar of service back, unfortunately i couldn't be pulled out until the next morning

creeperjeep: i am the girl, i own the red jeep, and no that's not me in the white tank :p

osmin: i think so... it's at the north end of yosemite ave, where they've opened up old trails temporarily to let the tractors back there to build all those new homes..

i thought about getting lockers... but converting to 4wd? that sounds like a lot of fun. i was gonna go prerunner with the jeep but i think i'm just gonna get an old pickup for that... but where can i get the parts? and are they easy to put on? and about how expensive would that be? sorry for all the questions... and thanks for the suggestions! ;)

BrettM said:
you'll be amazed what a locker can do. if it has a D44 or 29spline Chrysler 8.25 in the rear throw a locker in, they start at only $200.

and living in SoCal it can be perfectly acceptable to have a lifted 2wd Jeep, as long as it's done right ;)
That is pretty cool that you linked to my shocks for sale in the socal sector, although I am a little confused about the context, I will take all the exposure I can get though, need these things gone, actually I need the $$ more than I need them gone.

Skullvarian said:
...I am a little confused about the context...

2 wheel drive.....Prerunner/Jeep Speed

Bent said:
2 wheel drive.....Prerunner/Jeep Speed
Actually both are 4wd, although for the race rig we have both 4wd and 2wd options, some places you really benefit from 4wd, 3-ft+ of silt is real tough to escape, especially when the guy in front of you gets stuck and you lose your momentum. But that is true, lots of guys run 2wd all the time.
Chris

Last edited:
dudemycar said:
i thought about getting lockers... but converting to 4wd? that sounds like a lot of fun. i was gonna go prerunner with the jeep but i think i'm just gonna get an old pickup for that... but where can i get the parts? and are they easy to put on? and about how expensive would that be? sorry for all the questions... and thanks for the suggestions! ;)

Did you try airing down to get unstuck? It can work wonders.

Skullvarian said:
That is pretty cool that you linked to my shocks for sale in the socal sector, although I am a little confused about the context, I will take all the exposure I can get though, need these things gone, actually I need the $$ more than I need them gone.
yes, I was trying to help, but my point was that many JeepSpeeds and prerunners are 2wd and good resevoir shocks are the first step in that direction.

BrettM said:
yes, I was trying to help, but my point was that many JeepSpeeds and prerunners are 2wd and good resevoir shocks are the first step in that direction.
oh yeah, thanks again, anyways my buddy runs 3" diameter king resis, and after a 50-mile loop through the desert, those things are SMOKING hot, he actually had diverted his window fluid nozzle so that it misted the reservoirs at one point, but now has done away with it.

Back