• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some opinions on my front 44

MDMIKE

NAXJA Forum User
I need some opinions on my front 44 setup. I'm currently running a RE 5.5" extreme duty kit with custom front long arms. I would like to add another 2" of lift to the Jeep as well as redesign the location of the control arms where they attach to the axle. I was thinking of a design similar to the front of the Dodge Ram pickups where the upper and lower arms mount parallel to eachother on the axle (in a vertical plane) and the spring sits on top of the control arm mounts. I am thinking that this would aleviate some of the "twisting" force applied to the axle during articulation and be an easy way to build some more lift into the front end. Also, does anyone have any experience mounting an XJ/TJ/ZJ coil spring onto a flat surface or does the mounting point have to be contoured with the spring? What does everyone think? Does this idea sound feesible or should I just suck it up and buy the RE bracket kit? Feel free to flame away!! :)
TIA
MIke
BTW, this is an 86 Wagoneer 44 if that means anything.

The mounting surface (coil) on mine is flat and it is no problem. Do your upper arms come off your lowers? Look for possible contact between the upper on the driver's side and your frame mount for the trackbar, I looked at that and worried about clearance there.

Back