• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remote Door Locks

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 Loredo that when I bought it had a remote for locking and unlocking the doors. I never used it because the doors did not always lock or unlock so I took out the battery so that it did not ruin the remote. Now that I fixed my locks I need a new battery for it and am having difficutly getting it to work. Mine is a very small one button remote and says "NEIMAN" at the bottom, it has a little red light on the left that used to light up when the button was pushed.

my questions are, is my remote a OEM remote or is it aftermarket?
what type of battery or batteries do I need?

Thanks for any insight.
Michael

You have the factory remote. You will need two CR2016 Energizers. They are 3 volt really skinny button cells. Just pry it apart and snap it back together when done.

kevin s said:
You have the factory remote. You will need two CR2016 Energizers. They are 3 volt really skinny button cells. Just pry it apart and snap it back together when done.

Perfect, Thanks alot.

Michael

Be sure to clean out the plastic cover to the receiver inside the jeep. Mine would'nt work at all when I bought it used. Now it will at least work line-of-sight.

Back