• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 keyless entry question

Matthew Currie

NAXJA Member #760
I haven't gotten the FSM for my 99 yet, so hope someone can help me with this little problem. Sometime last week, during the torrential rains, my keyless entry stopped beeping the horn when it locks. The panic button still beeps, the locks still work, and the interior light still comes on when I unlock. I suspect that something got wet, or perhaps corrosion is setting in somewhere, or perhaps a relay is going bad, and would like to check it out. So what I need to know, obviously, is where to look for components, and perhaps what to look for when I get there.

The horn honk is user setable. It's in the owners manual on how to do it. The keyless entry is the circuit bord in the dome light, or tward the rear of the overhead console if you have that option. Also if you didn't know. If the engine is running you can use the key fob to lock the doors for a short stop at the Kwik mart ( horn won't honk on that though and the drivers door has to be shut).

EDIT: Press, and hold the lock button on the key fob for 5-10 seconds. While holding down the lock button press the unlock button.

Last edited:
scoobyxj said:
The horn honk is user setable. It's in the owners manual on how to do it. The keyless entry is the circuit bord in the dome light, or tward the rear of the overhead console if you have that option. Also if you didn't know. If the engine is running you can use the key fob to lock the doors for a short stop at the Kwik mart ( horn won't honk on that though and the drivers door has to be shut).

EDIT: Press, and hold the lock button on the key fob for 5-10 seconds. While holding down the lock button press the unlock button.

Thanks. I must have accidentally reset it. I actually got an owner's manual at the junkyard but forgot to look there. Duh.

Back