• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

source for Infinity tweeters?

racerxrick

NAXJA Forum User
00' Limited with the optional Infinity system.

I need to replace one of the tweeters and the dealer wants 114$ wholesale! Ouch, comes with the entire corner trim piece even though the tweeter and capacitor just snap into the back of my existing (and perfectly good) trim.

No luck on EBay.

tried some sound shops but the unique issues of the Infinity system limits their options.

Also I would be interested in any spares.

thanks for any heads up.

[email protected]

If my memory serves me correctly the infinity speakers are not any oddball type of speaker like Bose set-ups. Buy yourself a decent set of aftermarket components and enjoy th eimproved sound. My best friend just sold his stereo shop and even the good factory system could use a speaker upgrade after a few years. I personally have bought new in the box Alpine stuff on eBay from AudioSavings at a few dollars over cost. Quality speakers really make a difference.

The factory catalogue does indicate that the tweeters are only available with the panel included. The panel can be bought separately, but not the other way around. So, why not just take the panel off and see what model number Infinity tweeter it is? Then you can search the 'net for a replacement.

I got mine from the bone yard. Cant tell you what I payed for them though. I got other stuff when I picked them up. I would pull the other one measure the resistance with a ohm meter, and buy a new pair from the stereo shop that matches the resistance of the factory ones. You can use a hole saw to make a hole in the panel mount the tweeter, then the trim ring should cover up the joint.

Back