• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I think I screwed something up...

MuddinJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Broken fork? I think I busted my shift motor...

I was trying to zip tie the rubber grommet on the shift motor, and the motor started rotating freely up and down...I'm going to venture a guess that it shouldn't be doing that...I'm also going to guess that I'm going to need a new shift motor because I busted the fork...is that an accurate guess??

Last edited:
Thankfully it's been a few years since I had one of those in my hands, but I seem to recall that the way they're put together the vacuum portion can rotate within the casting. I think it's all put together with snap rings, and the fork itself slides onto a round shaft, retained by snap rings, so rotating does not mean a busted fork. I'd try just plugging it all back in, and not worry unless it stops working.

I think you're fine, my 90's does that also and the 4wd still works fine. Thank god I've got that non disco D30 about to go in though, my those vacuum motors suck!

Back