• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OKay, my windshield is leaking so

BAs96XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need some input on removal without breaking it. My windshield company will no longer warranty it against leakage due to rust. They say it is common on all XJs. Anyway, I need removal tips and any special tool purchases I may need to make. Also, where can I get the adhesive to put it back in. I am guessing NAPA or a body parts supplier should have it. I can't stand it dripping on my leg anymore.

Thanks
BA

i would just remove the trim, and put windsheild adheasive in the crack, that should cure the leak.

i second that.

don't bother with taking it out. seal it and cover it with the trim again and it should be fine

worked like a charm on both my xjs

Second the above, at least for the first try. Usually what happens is that rust allows the urethane bead to separate from the body, and it can be pretty hard both to find and seal the gap again. But given the difficulty of getting a windshield out alive, it's worth trying first. Try to find a sealer that isn't too stiff, so it has a chance to flow into the gap.

Back