• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ok so I finished my lift and now I have problems. . . .

ZomBrady

Chubby Chaser Extraordinaire
NAXJA Member
Here's the raw data:
'96, 4dr, sport, AW4, NP231, 4.6L.

The new stuff.
3" rancho coils(used and cheap), old and free rancho rear springs(1.5") and 1.5" lift shackles(used).
D44 axle.
Procrap LCAs(they were free) and an adjustable track bar(no clue who made this one).
Procomp MT 31x10.5(almost free) on D hole steelies(almost free too).
And Bilstien 5100s on all four corners.

The problems. . . .
Death wobble. (I am assuming/hoping that new bushings in the LCAs, steering stabilizer and a good alignement will solve this problem)
Driveline vibes(got a transfer case drop kit to install)
Brake portioning valve keeps sticking in the front only position(this one has me bothered).

Comments or insults form the peanut gallery? :D
I'm most concerned about the brake problem and the death wobble. But I need to replace the old Procrap bushings before I start pestering you guys on that one.

SBrad001 said:
rancho rear springs(1.5") and 1.5" lift shackles.

The problems. . . .
Driveline vibes(got a transfer case drop kit to install)

By adding the lift shackles, you rotated the pinion angle UP a few degrees.
Dropping the t-case will not fix this = you will need to get some steel shims to rotate the rear housing back closer to where it should be.

HTH

If you are happy with the "freshness" of the TREs and such try playing with the caster to tune out death wobble.

had rancho 3'' coils and 31's on my old 91. had severe dw.( change literally flew out of the ashtray).. ordered lca's from rancho and problem was solved. rough ride though. definitley like my 96 with 4.5 RE alot better.

what mph is the DW?

Back