• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with renix TPS "screw"

Adam90xj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to make an adapter to use the renix tps on a HO throttle body. I can't get the "slotted screw" that holds the washer/arm on the sensor to move. Does ANYONE have any suggestions? I know that this TPS is not the factory tps as I bought it from NAPA when my was FUBR. Is there a certain brand that has a removable arm?

Thanks a lot
Adam

Is there any way to convert the HO TPS to work with the Renix computer? I just looked at the FSMs briefly and I see that the resistance swings the same way (it didn't list actual resistance values though). The output voltage is low at idle and near 5 volts at wide-open throttle. I have a Renix sensor sitting on the desk in front of me and it has a screw instead of a rivet, but haven't wandered out to look under the hood of my ZJ to see the HO version.

Is the issue that the connectors the different? Or that you've got an auto and need to keep the renix dual output TPS? Maybe if I get time today, I'll look into how easy this would be to convert via wiring or a simple adapter. I might look and see how to generate the second outputs from an HO sensor too.

PM if you're interested in the extra TPS sensor I have. I can't use it since I converted to an auto, so maybe $20 shipped?

That's what i pretty much ended up doing. I drilled a hole in the HO shaft and put a #4 bolt about 1" long in the hole with two nutz. Then I bent the bolt around until it was pretty close and then adjusted the voltage with the slots.

I have another question. Right now i'm running the Map sensor vac line into a random port in the manifold as it doesen't reach the port where the sensor was bolted to on the HO TB. It's running great but just a little Rich I believe. I've heard the Map sensor has a matched port size. I'm going to test the idling voltage now and then unbolt the sensor and plug it into the port where the other sensor was connected to. I'll test the voltage on that port. If different I think i'm going to use that port. Does this sound logical or am I shooting in the dark? I have a AFR gauge in my honda CRX..... I think i'm going to pull that out tomarrow and rig it into the jeep to see what the exhaust is doing.

Thanks
Adam

There virtually no flow through the line to the map sensor, so I doubt the port size matters. A small hole or longer line might make the map sensor a tad to sense changes, but I can't see where it would make much of a difference.

Back