• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Day Trip to Liberty June 17 th

hards91xj

NAXJA Member #790
Now that I have my Trac Bar ,Upper Control Arm where it should be.
My plan is to leave early to get to CleElum 9-9:30 then out to Liberty ,do some trails on the west side of Hwy 97 then go to the east side for more trails then home.
Anyone care to join me ??

I'd sure love to, but that is the day the wife and I are heading for Yellowstone and the black hills. But if you are up to it, would like to try that some time in July or August as I've never been to the Liberty area. :)

southernoregonxjer said:
where on 97 is that? i dont have a map handy....im in klamath falls. any idea how far?

Mapquest says:

Total Est. Time: 7 hours, 59 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 413.03 miles

If I can afford it after the 10th run, I wouldn't mind trying Liberty out. Some family friends have 8 or so acres in Teanaway I may stay at Friday night and Saturday night, so it wouldn't be too out of the way. We'll see though.

wow I thought klamath falls is east of troutdale, I need to get to know the area more....

southernoregonxjer said:
where on 97 is that? i dont have a map handy....im in klamath falls. any idea how far?
Looks like Phil knows where it is,:yelclap: on a map anyway.
Thanks .ECSJAY ,long haul for a day from So_Oregon unless your spending the weekend up here to do more stuff.

sams88 said:
I'd sure love to, but that is the day the wife and I are heading for Yellowstone and the black hills. But if you are up to it, would like to try that some time in July or August as I've never been to the Liberty area. :)
I could be talked into it till Oct.

R U going to meet @ the Cottage or the Liberty Cafe? I've been lookin for an excuse to take the RV over the pass. I'd probably spend the weekend there. Where's your favorite campground?

We will be stopping at the Safeway 1st, then probably the final join-up will be the Liberty Cafe.
There is 2 choices on the road to liberty, After turning off of Hwy 97 toward Liberty the 1st road to the Right[ approx 3/4 of a mile ] is a Forest Service type camp area with pit toilets .If that area is busy, cross the creek and turn right on a dirt road to some more area.
On the main road before you get to the gravel road ,on the left is a big open field area,alot of people stay here on busy Holiday weekends,we do. Pull in pick an area in the open or trees.
Are you taking your xj or do you want to be a Passenger to see the area first?
I was actually thinking about getting ahold of you.

2Kids_Course_Liberty_2006.JPG

Lets see how deep this one is??

Here is a picture of our last run at liberty this is a trail that we call the kids course its a fun little trail with a few deep holes. We will probably be joining you guys on the 17th. Sounds like fun.

3Kids_Course_Liberty_2006.JPG

Trust me it got a little deeper

Last edited:
Good.
Is Jeff`s:repair: and ready ? Get Ken and Barbs ready.I`ll send them a E mail.
Have you heard from any other SJC`s that want to make a long day.
The lewis`s have other stuff to do.

Jeff's :repair: wont be done till just before we leave for rimrock. Ken and Barb are in Reno this weekend should be talking to him tomorrow. Jim's:repair: in a soft locker in the front of Kenny's and I need to find out why his E-Brake Doesnt work....for some reason he thinks he needs it....:laugh3: lol...so hopfully it will be ready if they want to go.

Just talked with Kenny and he's up for going with us too unless he ends up working....I'm gonna :compwork: email out to SJC members and see if any of them would like to join us. What time and Where are we meeting?

The only meeting up place I planned so far was CleElum.
That was before I knew more from this side was joining me.
Dale might be along also: He has to make a choise,work ,play,and find a ride for his wife to the airport.so he can do 1 of the others.
Got my rear brakes and parking brake adjusted tonight.Oh and did a little fender trimming.
I`m Ready.:passgas:
Yep a NEW CB too:

Last edited:
Well let me know so I can send out an email. Right now I'm working on trying to talk dad into going with us too.

MY92XJ said:
Well let me know so I can send out an email. Right now I'm working on trying to talk dad into going with us too.
Some could join up in Covington Fred Meyer just off HWY 18 , 7: 7;30 :exclamati ----Hwy 18 & I 90 7:30-8am :exclamati as long as I make it to CleElum Safeway 9-9:30 :exclamati to meet any from the east side ; then to the meadow on Liberty Rd 10: am to get started

Back