• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front skid plate removal

rocklandxjer

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, i was lookin to remove my front skid plate the one protecting the steering components, so icould replace it with a diamond steel one. i just cannot get this thing to come off. ive had the bolts soaking in pb blaster for two days now and they still will not budge. i dont have it on a jack or anything ive just tryed cutting the wheel and gettin in there, how did you guys (who did) remove this thing, any tricks, cause theres not much room to maneuver...
thanks

Is the diamond steel skid plate custom? If not, who makes it? How much better is it?

Thanks,

Brian

Just gotta squeeze in there.
Air tools are the ONLY way to work on an XJ.
Why use a wrench, when you can use a gun???

Actually, I think I use an air ratchet with a, maybe, six inch extension and a wobble socket.
Then, just a deep-well for the little guys.

rocklandxjer said:
its custom, this local guy makes some nice stuff.

how did u guys fit anything in there, what did u disconnect, i find it impossible to get anthing in there..

when you get it off could yyou be nice and take picture, i would like to see it for my own brainstorming of what to make, or maybe put on my mental wish list.
thanks.

Back