• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle/tires/shafts question

atreyuBLUEXJ

NAXJA Forum User
35's on a stock d30 and a stock d44(c8.25 for like 2 weeks then the d44)
stock shafts. stock gears, 3.55(for now, 4.88(whend44) in a couple of monthes)
would this be ok? how can i hurt my axles this way? can i?
i dont drive too fast.
i dont gun it at lights.
i have a tranny cooler(auto).

input would be appreciated!

There's a very long thread about 35s with 3.55s; search for it.

It's gonna suck, but until you get 4.88s, you can certainly drive on it. Just be prepared to take about ten times as long to get up to speed. I wouldn't wheel with those gears though.

35's are gonna eat up those crappy oem hubs. go with a warn kit, and warn inners with a superior r&p. mines holding up. although i used to run a detroit with stock inners, and broke 2 shortys. i put a regular carrier in and the warn inners, hoping it would be better, its working out, but lost some traction
and 3.55's with 35's is gonna SUCK

damn.

im in a delimma and i need help then.

i have a chance to buy 3 week old 35 baja claws for $75 but i have to trade them for my 70%tread 33 claws.

this means i either keep the 35s on or have my stockers on til i regear.

which i dont have the money for yet.
so id be riding stockers for a bout 2 1/2 monthes(student) and no wheelin.
DONT WANT THAT!

these 35s are branddddd new. like $1200 sumthin for 75 bucks, i mean come on!

i dont know what to do!

i really want them! but im scared to wheel it.

what do i do!

sidenote: any one got some 31s-33s on rims for CHEAP!?!?
im talking like under 300
(so i dont have to ride stockers)

help!

#1 can you fit the 35" presently with the setup you have for 33" (or fit them by some combo of dropping the bumps, trimming, "budget" boosting?)

I don't think the increase in weight/leverage of 35" above your 33" would be very substantial... The crappy OEM hubs won't like it, but OTOH they aren't liking the 33s either.

As for the 3.54 gears... they sucked for 33s and they will suck a bit worse with 35s. You know you will have to regear. 35" just helps make your mind up that 4.88:1 is what you will get.

I wouldn't be 'scared to wheel it' but then again, you know your junk better than I do. "I" would hope when "I" wheeled "your" junk, on 33" or 35", that you had a spare set of front shafts (& maybe with hubs on them too) in reserve. My experiences with a HP30 stock shafts is that they are quite a bit stronger than folks give credit for... or I am just lucky.

i do have clearance for the 35's.

just not the money for the gears yet.
so i might set aside the 35's until i can and search for some cheap 32s or sumthin

Back