• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sway bar

viperbaron

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to reduce the roll on my Cherokee. It already has factory front & rear anti-sway bars, but it still tends to lean more than I'd like.
Where can I pick up a better set of anti-sway bars?
Thanks!

The company that makes the heavy sway bars is called addco. Their front sway bar is ALOT bigger then the stock. If you do use one of these make sure your discos are of decent quality.

What swaybar do you have now? The fronts varied from as little as (I think) 22mm up to as much as 28mm. If you have one of the smaller bars you can get a larger one for a couple of dollars at the nearest junkyard.

olympic4x4tech said:
The company that makes the heavy sway bars is called addco. Their front sway bar is ALOT bigger then the stock. If you do use one of these make sure your discos are of decent quality.

My "Discos"? The last Disco I knew about closed back in the early 80's.
I'm going to order these and install them, so what are the discos?
Thanks for the links!

Karl...

discos are sway bar disconnects. to allow flex when off road.

I assume you dont have them, If youre a street performance guy you wouldnt have a need for them.

Having fun in Iraq?

I added polyurethane bushings to the front bar and it made a noticable difference.

Oh yea...loads of fun over here. Gettin' hot now too. Nothing to do except spend $$$ on E-bay. Buy up stuff for the Jeep, etc.
I put the red poly bushings on the front, but since I added the roof rack and airshocks, the vehicle seems a bit tipsey. I just got back from vacation and was wanting something to hold it stable.
Thanks.

How many miles on your shocks too. Just putting on a set of fresh ones can hell stop roll. What tires are you running and at what presser. Big soft side wall tires tend to lean easer in turns. Old springs tend to soften up a little too. I would replace the shocks first and check the rubber on the S bar you have now
I'm running the Addco front and rear now for well over 2 years. When empty on wet roads. They tend to hide the load until the front and rear ends change places.
When loaded, your in heaven. LUCK

Last edited:
Back