• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Im an idiot

TickDontPick

NAXJA Forum User
So im pulling out of the parking lot at work, going to meet up with my friend. When in the parking lot, I shifted it into "drive" (which was really neutral), and when it revved up i put it into drive (not thinking). The revs were a little too high and my drive shaft broke off at the pinion yoke of the rear axle. Probably need a new ujoint, but I'm really not sure what else. Luckily my work is in the same shopping center as my mechanic, so it was just a short push over there. I just hope there is no internal drive train damage. I started up the engine after in neutral and it sounded fine. Anyone had this happen to them before? Is there something I should expect?

Luckily I get paid tomorrow, but what a waste for a stupid mistake. I hope its not too expensive but is there anything I prepare for?

You can see a pic at the link bleow

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=14040

if its the same thing that happened to mine it may just be the 2 little brackets that hod the 2 halves of the yoke together. have you looked under there and checked it out?

Yeah, it looks like that might be all that broke, id feel real lucky if that was it. I guess ill wait for a quote from the mechanic. How much did it cost you to repair?

If thats what it is those parts are like $4. But, since its already apart, you might as well replace the u-joint which will be an extra like $15. I did it myself and it took about an hour.

sucks unintentional neutral drop

Back