• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering wheel alignment?

beakie

NAXJA Forum User
This may a silly question for some,
after installing my new adjustable trac bar and HD mount, and moving the axle back to stock position the steering wheel is now turned a full 90degrees to the right.

it looks like I am turning right all the time, and I would like to get it back to normal or as close to it as possible. The 3" lift only caused it to move maybe 1/8 of a turn to the left, but it moved all this way to the right after this upgrade... any ideas why, or how to fix it.

It going in for a full alignment tomorrow, but if I can fix this much before then it would make me look a little less silly when I give it to them.

thanks

if your going for a alignment then just let them fix it, no reason to feel silly it happens to all of us. mines still crooked.

thanks for the input, will let them do it tomorrow... glad its not just me, but was my first time so had to ask.

What's bad is when you go wheeling and when you get back on the road it's way off center. that was a fun day.

mine was off when I put in the trackbar too

yeah, once lifted it will go off center. Its as simple as loosening the bolts on the sleeve as mentioned, finding a straight stretch of road (parking lot works great) and adjusting the sleeve, driving a bit, seeing where it is, and ajusting accordingly. dont even have to retighten the bolts while testing. Once the wheel is centered just tighten back down and your good to go. Whats real fun is getting an allignment and having the shop need to correct it and having them forget to replace the bolts so it slowly loosens itself... that was interesting till I noticed what was wrong and went to yell at htem and have them reallign everything for free, I guess thats one plus to having people mess up.. you can beat on it and get a free allignment a couple weeks later, heh

If you take your time you can do the hole alignment with a tape measure. Trust me im to cheap so i did mine myself and it rides buetiful.

Back