• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Name This Part (PICS)...

ODXJ97

NAXJA Forum User
My 97' XJ has been stalling intermitantly since I bought it Jan. of this year. My wife's 98' XJ has this part that is directly connected to the throttle cable mount. Mine is missing. It certainly looks like a required part... could this be my stalling problem?? The mystery part is in the center of the picture with the battery on the right and the relay housing on the left. Pic below...

XJPARTcopy.jpg

Crap... so that wouldn't have anything to do with my stalling problem then. There's a big plastic air canister looking thing that is still in my rig that was attached to it... I can take that out now... correct?

ODXJ97 said:
Crap... so that wouldn't have anything to do with my stalling problem then. There's a big plastic air canister looking thing that is still in my rig that was attached to it... I can take that out now... correct?
No but plug the lines that went to the cruse, a vacuum leak can cause low idle.
Could be also reconnecting the lines will cure the idle and fix the cruse.

langer1 said:
No but plug the lines that went to the cruse, a vacuum leak can cause low idle.
Could be also reconnecting the lines will cure the idle and fix the cruse.

x2

From what you describe, that's your problem. Compare your wife's jeep to your's and see if your TB's got an open port or if a vaccume line comes from it and goes no where. Either plug that line or replace the crusie control diaphram. Another way to check is, look at your steering wheel. If you have the cruise control buttons, but no diaphram, then find that leaking vaccume line, that will cause your stalling or low, loaping idle.

Back