• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon run roll coll

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
We will leave SoCal area early Thursday on the 22nd (5am at the LATEST) so that we can hit the trail in the afternoon. First night will be on the trail.
While on the trail "dig a hole and bury" is not allowed. We do have PETT toilet and all that is required is the bags (I will post what type shortly).

Expect some (ok a fair amount) of water and some mosquitos (some bug spray is definately recommended).

Anyways, rig requirements are standard naxja requirements + minimum of 31's with appropriate gearing and with one end locked. If you have any questions give me a holler.

I will post information about parking the tow rigs and meetings spots in a day or two.

If you are planning to go, please post up here so that I can see how many rigs to expect.

Following is a reminder about required equipment:
One locker or two limited slips.
31" tires
Spare front axle shafts (unless running alloys)
Spare rear shafts are a good idea for c-clip axles.
Spare upper and lower CA if running stock CA's
tow strap
fire extinguisher (easily accessible, and Mike has to carry two :D)
tow points front and rear
T-case skid
Appropriate gearing for tire size. For example: 31's could run stock 3.55's, 33's should have at least 4.11's, 35's should have 4.56's. Low T-case gears can make up for diff gearing deficiencies.
Spare tie rod and drag link if you are running 33's or larger and still have stock steering.
Stuff that is nice to have:
If you care about body damage, get some rocker skids. The 'Con LOVES to bite XJ rockers when running smaller lifts/tires.
EXTRA GAS IS A MUST

Last edited:
Kejtar said:
While on the trail "dig a hole and bury" is not allowed. We do have PETT toilet and all that is required is the bags (I will post what type shortly).

There are 12 WAG bags with the kit. So it'll just be a matter of collecting for each bag issued to replace them for the next run.

Kejtar said:
and some mosquitos (some bug spray is definately recommended).

Understatement at it's best. Prepare to feed the bugs. :D

--ron

I'm there.

Kyung

Crap, now that I know the SoCal boys are coming, I better get my pile ready to go.

Bring your short wave and your helicopter signaling flags.

My wife and daughter are in. They will bring me to drive their XJ.

The do list gets shorter:
Install front Yukon shafts,
Install HDPE leaf spring liners on RHS
Fix stock roof rack rails
Pick up spare drag link at junk yard
Buy GOOD sleeping bags for wife and daughter
Aim headlights

We will be there.

I carry a lot of spares, but never what breaks on my rig. Why is that?
Remi carries lots of spares, always has what breaks on my rig. Why is that?

John

nosigma said:
I carry a lot of spares, but never what breaks on my rig. Why is that?
Remi carries lots of spares, always has what breaks on my rig. Why is that?

Nothing wrong with being prepared. I brought a 231 transfer case half with planetaries out to BOTW. Even though it was in my tow rig, we used it. You neve know what you'll need out there. What I needed most was a Dana 60 pinion yolk but.no one had one. Go figure :dunno:

So is anyone out there going to have 5 x 5.5 bolt pattern? :D

My TO DO list isn't too bad. Put a pinion yold on. Get my power steering pump/resevoir installed. Clean the jeep. Put some leafs on it. Get the axle seal fixed and slide it in. If I am bored, put my new air compressor in and Novak shifter.

BTW.My Kim Chi and I are in :wave:

cracker said:
BTW.My Kim Chi and I are in :wave:

Can't believe you eat that stuff.......

I work that weekend, so I won't make it, though I'd like to. You all have a good time.

BTW, regarding gas, a fill up in Placerville has always got us through the trail and to South Lake Tahoe without a problem.

Goatman said:
BTW, regarding gas, a fill up in Placerville has always got us through the trail and to South Lake Tahoe without a problem.
Yes, you can make through the trail on one tank (ussually, depending on your fuel consumption of course). A spare 5 gallons would be recommended though cause depeding on the timing and condition some of us are thinking about running it and then turning around at the end and coming back out the way we came in.

Goatman said:
Can't believe you eat that stuff.......

I don't eat that sh!t.

Kim Chi = my wife. She eats thats sh!t.

4xSanta said:
So how many rigs are confirmed to be making the run? Tks 4XSANTA
I believe the count at the moments is as follows:
1.Aaron
2.Curt
3.Johnny
4.Rugged
5.NoSigma
6.Myself
7.Avery
8.Kyung
9.Santa

Kejtar said:
I believe the count at the moments is as follows:
1.Aaron
2.Curt
3.Johnny
4.Rugged
5.NoSigma
6.Myself
7.Avery
8.Kyung
9.Santa

No Aaron. He said he thinks he is too busy at work.

Back