• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suicide machine, need steering damper

ryder

NAXJA Forum User
i need to know what size steering damper to buy for my 96 xj. (it goes into a death wobble. ) I have a 5 in. lift with 32x11.5 tires. i just had my front re-torqued back to specs, and aligned so everything is good there. the only thing left my mechanic said is to replace that damper. some please steer me in the right direction. and if your wondering why i didnt ask the mechanic for the size i need, i forgot and cannot get a hold of him. thank you

You need to fix whatever is causing your "death wobble" first. A front suspension in good condition gets along fine without a stabilizer.

xjbubba said:
You need to fix whatever is causing your "death wobble" first. A front suspension in good condition gets along fine without a stabilizer.

Ditto.

A stabilizer is merely a band-aid.

at 5in of lift you deff need a new trac bar, like the heavy duty re or rock krawler one, nothing else is going to be long enough. im willing to bet that is what is causing your death wobble

Back