• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Summit Racing - "Not legal for sale in CA"

Slonopotam

NAXJA Member #1358
Hi,

Got Accel distributor cap and Accel spark wires from summit racing.
Included invoice says "Not legal for sale or use in California on any pollution controlled motor vehicle."

Am I missing something ?

Andrey

The same disclaimer was included with the alloy axle shafts I ordered.

?

I wouldn't worry about it overmuch - it's not a change to the engine management system.

I have no trouble passing with my MSD 8m/m wires, that I made from bulk wire (reminds me, I need to order another spool in the next year or so...)

Basically, if it doesn't have a CARB EO number, they have to say that to cover their own arses. If it's something fairly major (piggyback computer, distributor, intake manifold, or somesuch) that would obviously change and maybe make it fail visual, then it's a problem. However, I can't see it being such an issue with tune-up parts, because there are so many brands available. I just happen to use Borg-Warner for caps and rotors because they have brass terminals, instead of aluminum...

5-90

Thanks,
I particularly liked the axle shaft part.

Back