• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Northwest Fest impromptu unofficial "O Rly?" pre-run June 10-11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Ok, so Sniggs and I are planning on heading down to TSF area on Saturday evening. I'm down for meeting up with someone down that way that night if they're not camping. We're just going to end up with a room so we can meet up Sunday morning.

Can we coordinate where to meet up Sunday? Saturday group please post up with your meeting spot and time. :)

Mark and I can't wait to go.
ethan_suplee4.jpg

I think I am probably out on this trip 9 hours of driving for 6 hours of wheeling is far to expensive for me ride now, However I do have a guy here who run's jeeps and rock buggys and things who knows the TSF pretty well he said if you guys are looking for help with runs or whatever for NWF that he would be more than happy to help out.

Too late for us to set up camp. We will find a Motel somewhere.

You guys have checked the trail closure list right? Last report I heard was all the closures from last fall are still in effect which means you can wheel all of TSF, minus the Crushers, in a couple hours.

We're heading that direction on the 19th for a weekday run so that we avoid all "traffic" but will probably headin to Trask area.

Sniggs said:
Too late for us to set up camp. We will find a Motel somewhere.
? Like too find a site to camp in on short notice, or too late in the evening to set up a tent?

If there's camping available, I might prefer doing that...if there's anyone else interested, providing the weather's not too nasty. On that subject, how's the weather supposed to be. Anyone know?

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
On that subject, how's the weather supposed to be. Anyone know?

-----Matt-----

It's supposed to start getting nicer come Monday. Not sure how long that'll hold up. According to KGW, It's supposed to be in the 70's and sunny all next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :D

Looks like I won't be able to make it, went out to the truck this afternoon and found a nice little puddle of gear oil next to the front wheels. So it looks like I'm going to be needing to put in some new seals. Money's pretty tight right now and so it's a choice of buying the seals and the stuff needed to install them, or gas to get up there, and quite fankly I'm not too fond of the idea of puking gear oil all over TSF.

Sorry guy's, Hopefully I can get the cash up for a membership before NWF and wheel with you all then.

Pat

OK as requested.
Just letting everyone know I will be going. just need to know(when the time comes) when you will be coming threw this area.

Put me down on the tally. I'll be headin down with Dvipercop and anyone else that joins us from Portland. We posted our meeting place in the other thread but I'll repost it.

Dvipercop said:
Sounds like my self and PoSxJ will be meeting up in Portland, and mini-convoying over to North Plains to meet ya'll. Any other PDX'ers want to join us? We'll be meeting in the Floyd Light middle school parking lot at SE 106th and SE Stark. Let me know...

I believe we're meeting at North Plans at 830?? So we'll probably be meetin up at Floyd Light around 715, and headin out around 730. It's all freeway so it should only take 45mins.

XJLaredo said:
OK as requested.
Just letting everyone know I will be going. just need to know(when the time comes) when you will be coming threw this area.
I'm assuming you are talking about traveling with Phil and I?
If we leave Kent by 4:30 Saturday EVENING, we should be in Lacey between 5:30 and 5:45.

If so, are you anywhere near Exit 109? We could scoop you and anyone else up at Denny's between 5:30 and 5:45 but we still have a long way to go. Won't dally for long.

I will be sending PMs to confirmed Saturday travelers (with us) giving my Cell phone number.

I must REITERATE... Phil and I are going down to TSF area SATURDAY NIGHT to wheel and scout on SUNDAY. Those of you wishing to make this trip with us must be ready to roll out of Kent by 4:30 pm.

Update for everyone....just got done checking closures and mapping em' out. i count only 4-5 open trails. i will call forest service tomorrow as there update list has not been updated since may 5th. i will post tomorrow night with details. cross yur fingers. (there are 2 trails equalling approx 4 miles a lil further down the road from browns camp. looking like the best bet so far)

Sniggs said:
I'm assuming you are talking about traveling with Phil and I?
If we leave Kent by 4:30 Saturday EVENING, we should be in Lacey between 5:30 and 5:45.

If so, are you anywhere near Exit 109? We could scoop you and anyone else up at Denny's between 5:30 and 5:45 but we still have a long way to go. Won't dally for long.

Yup. Going to head down with You, Phil, and whoever else. I'm 1 mile from Exit 109. Denny's isn't the best place to take a caravan of people, the park-and-ride is much more accesable

IXNAYXJ said:
? Like too find a site to camp in on short notice, or too late in the evening to set up a tent?

If there's camping available, I might prefer doing that...if there's anyone else interested, providing the weather's not too nasty. On that subject, how's the weather supposed to be. Anyone know?

-----Matt-----

I wouldn't mind pitching a tent.:D

A fire and some beers after a night run sounds good to me. If not, any Wal Mart parking lots close by? I know Phil, it isn't Auburn. :)

I should be on 31's and 3" or so lift by then too.

mojojojo said:
Update for everyone....just got done checking closures and mapping em' out. i count only 4-5 open trails. i will call forest service tomorrow as there update list has not been updated since may 5th. i will post tomorrow night with details. cross yur fingers. (there are 2 trails equalling approx 4 miles a lil further down the road from browns camp. looking like the best bet so far)

Cool, I'll be looking forward to that. :)

Thanks Twisted for bringing it up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back