• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broken passanger side uca mount...

wvredxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, i knew they were weak, but it ripped, both sides, it didnt come off, but close, threw a bead on it, but i need to make it alot stronger......whats my options........box the front only? Box, and guesset the sides....someone make a weldon mount thats stronger? set me straight please.

yeah, i went to tnt's site, looked around, didnt find much, and didnt know if it was out.....would consider it tho if the price isnt redicuolous.

I think your already thinking along the right way, box it, gusset it and I think you'll be fine, I would also look into your suspension and make sure their isn't something binding to create that tension, I know their weak but they don't just break! theirs usually a binding issue involved with it

the issue is short arms, with lift theyre on a steep angle, so the arms and mounts take abuse, instead of the suspension moving

1/4" steel plate is the answer for you! box in the front, truss the sides, and while you're at it, do the same to the lowers!

tealcherokee said:
the issue is short arms, with lift theyre on a steep angle, so the arms and mounts take abuse, instead of the suspension moving

i am running a clayton long arm, which is kinda like a two link......i wheel hard, every weekend.

I think i am gonna order the re mount, guesset each side, and be done.

ok...i think i am gonna order the re control arm bracket, then guesset it.....thanks for the help guys.

Back