• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cat

97XJ Jeeper

Semper Fi
does hi flows make the exhaust deeper or just louder

is this a dumb question or something

i imagine it would do bolth, to an extent

Actually, it shouldn't make it louder. They do just that, let the exhaust flow past the honeycomb internals better than stock. The muffler is where you get the loudness/quietness.

But yes, it is a dumb question. :D

12GaugeXJ said:
Actually, it shouldn't make it louder. They do just that, let the exhaust flow past the honeycomb internals better than stock. The muffler is where you get the loudness/quietness.

But yes, it is a dumb question. :D

that pretty much says it all.

I am an Inspection Mechanic & exhaust tech. Do not waste your money on a so called high flow cat. I have seen the so called hi-flows cut apart and the substrate is exactly the same as a stock replacement cat. The are made exactly the same. Eastern Catalytic has come up with a new design that they claim to be the only true hi-flow cat. It has far fewer holes of a larger diameter for better flow. Not sure how it works though as I haven't had the chance to try one as we stopped carrying them at work because we were having too many problems and switched brands.

Back