• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dual steering stabilizer

Newbiejeepster

NAXJA Forum User
I recently picked up a skyjacker adjustable track bar for 60% off the asking price from a friend. With the track bar installed it doesn't mount to factory mount. With the TB being moved up and the stabilizer axle mount being relocated nothing mounts to the factory track bar mount. I have an extra ss and mocked it up using the TB mount and U-bolt on the tie rod. It seems like it will work, just haven't tried it out yet! Does anyone have any insight or ideas on if it will work or hinder anything? The way I had to mount the ss is reversed to the one on top so it would fit in the bracket. I will try to post a picture of it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Newbiejeepster said:
What do you propose I do then RCP?
Either put the trackbar in its stock location or relocate the steering.

So I got the TB installed and everything back together. I drove around town hitting all the big bumps I could findat 30-45mph. Seems to handle well to me!? I'll have to get on the highway and check it out, but I am a little nervous. What if I get a drop pitman arm? It looks as if I were to get one the TB and drag link will be parrallel then. It doesn't look like it needs to be dropped too much. What size pitman arm? Will ones from a ZJ work....i've heard they drop about 1.25" more than stock XJ?? Im waiting on a camera. I should have some pictures up later this afternoon/evening.

i have the rustys dual set up and the second one insatlls with a bracket that attatches from your front diff plate and can be adjusted to fit below or above tie rod... it has worked very well and probally shouldnt have costed 70 bucks but i like it

http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DSS02&Category_Code=ste

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Ok, so I fully tightened the ss all the way. When I went out for a drive it seemed to pull to the right pretty good. It didn't do this before I bolted it up all the way. Could I have tightened the U-bolts to tight and slightly bent the tie rod??? I looked it over and it appears straight. I think im going to ditch the second stabilizer, use a drop pitman arm to get the drak link and TB parrallel. Does it matter if the TB is abover the drag link as long as they are parallel?

Yes, a dropped pitman will make it parallel, which is all that matters.

Back