• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PLEASE HELP! Trany cooler line to radiator???

hangubus

NAXJA Forum User
Need help asap so i can get to work. Taking radiator off, the bottom tranny cooler line will not come off. The manual doesnt say how either. It almost looks like a quick disconnect but it doesnt work! how do i take it off? it has the 45 degree tube that is threaded on one end and goes into what looks alike a quick disconnect than the rubber tube. I am trying to unscrew it but it wont more....it bends. please help thanks

Squeeze the tabs and pull it off. The tabs stay on the tube so don't pull on them. Squeeze the tabs with one hand and pull with the other.

squeeze the tabs together with your fingers or a set of needle nose pliers and you should be able to separate the fitting. You can get new o-rings and retainers from the dealer for a few dollars. Well worth it to stop leaks.

(FYI) that a 37.5 angle fitting much like there use on AC lines.
If you cut and use hose and clamps use two clamps on each end. Try to cut at a point that will not see a lot of vibration or let the line hang from the patch. Same if you use compression fittings Very low presser but of lot of these patches get pulled apart if not done right.

thanks everyone but can i not take the hose off directly from the radiator?? (not leaving any hose connected to the rad.) I got a new rad and i need to connect the hose to it.....do i need a new hose end thing for the new rad? as you can tell i could use all the help and can get.....lol thanks

Wrong line! Atleast on my jeep....the top tranny line has that plastic tab thing you guys are talking about but on the bottom line the connector is near the tranny? Im not supposed to pull it all am i? How do i get it off the rad and on to the new one???

langer1 said:
Squeeze the tabs and pull it off. The tabs stay on the tube so don't pull on them. Squeeze the tabs with one hand and pull with the other.
Wrong line! Atleast on my jeep....the top tranny line has that plastic tab thing you guys are talking about but on the bottom line the connector is near the tranny? Im not supposed to pull it all am i? How do i get it off the rad and on to the new one???

Back