• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vacuum nightmare

rckclmbr

NAXJA Forum User
ok so heres what it looks like under the hood. where does all this crap go?

DSC_0001.jpg

and here is a pic of the map sensor. where does the vaccum line for this go to?

ed46d414.jpg

Concur.

The lines are probably getting old (I'd say they're definitely RENIX, which makes them at least 16 years old...) and replacements for nearly everything can be had from NAPA for about $50 all up.

The MAP sensor line is the only one that doesn't get replaced, and it goes into the passenger side of the throttle body. Follow the line foward, about where it stops will be two 1/4" (I think) holes in the side of the throttle body. The tube, as I recall, goes in the lower hole, and the "blank bung" goes in the upper (it's supposed to help retain the line. It does, but only slightly...)

I think you'll find your emissions tag on the firewall (usually near the brake booster) to come in handy, since it's got a vacuum diagram on it. There's an easy way to put the lines on that "tree" up by the junction block, but that just makes it easier to install and remove - there's no metering in that block.

5-90

Back