• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some of us went to the desert...

jonboy

NAXJA Forum User
and met up at the High Desert Round Up in Stoddard Valley and on Sunday, explored the scenery of Afton Canyon with Rollins. No real wheeling that day as most of it was graded dirt road, but it was cool none the less. Aside from howling winds on Saturday at the round up, the weather was perfect for a fun weekend with old and new friends.

We explored this cool slot canyon that went back about 1/4 mile, much of it with a ceiling.
118k8jr.jpg

A real scenic drive
118kavc.jpg

Group shot near the end of the canyon
118kbqa.jpg

DOH!!! sand snakes :confused:
118kh9s.jpg

Did I mention that it was graded dirt road? :jester:
118kec9.jpg

Jump This said:
Looks like Jaloppppy boy is going to be looking for some Aloe Vera!!
That sun can burn a white boy kinda' quick!:sunshine:
BTW...who rolled?
Rick R

Sunburn looks like 4Xsanta. I dont remember who floppy is.

Aaron

thats not me its my dad. thats almost an insult...to me.

Kejtar said:
Ummm what happened?
Kenny left his shirt off the whole day so he'd turn a nice shade of NAXJA red

Oh.....you mean the guy on his side :dunce:
Alex did a low speed flop when he was trying to imitate Santa's powerslide as we exited the campsite after we taking the group photos

From now on he shall be known as...

Remi Jr. party1:

witt said:
what part of stoddard valley is that??
Those pics are from Afton Canyon, about 40 miles east of Barstow.

Okay, the TRUTH is MARCUS flopped!
HDR2006AftonCanyon178.jpg
So it must be Marcus that is Remi Jr. And I know you were there jonboy, but WHO are you LOL I guess I never caught your NAXJA name! LOL And Kenny, 4XSanta is your Dad? LOL Poor Ken!

Lady XJ said:
Okay, the TRUTH is MARCUS flopped!
HDR2006AftonCanyon178.jpg
So it must be Marcus that is Remi Jr. And I know you were there jonboy, but WHO are you LOL I guess I never caught your NAXJA name! LOL And Kenny, 4XSanta is your Dad? LOL Poor Ken!
Kenny IS 4XSanta.

gcurtis said:
You know, after close inspection I don't think that Heep rolled. Rather, it just layed down and died.
Ha. That's funny. It does look like it's dead.

Kyung

ya thats all it did... tipped over on its side. Not a full roll over. Cool im in there... the little white Xj in the middle of the two big white ones.

corbinafly said:
Kenny IS 4XSanta.

Actually if you wanna be technical, were both Kenny. Im Kenneth Jr. (KG) 4XSANTA is Kenneth Sr.

juryrigjalopy said:
Actually if you wanna be technical, were both Kenny. Im Kenneth Jr. (KG) 4XSANTA is Kenneth Sr.
Good to know. I've only met Sr.

Kyung

Back