• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power steering

KSXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I think my gear box is going out. When I turn the right and only in one spot it will clunk real bad. I had my wife turn the wheel while I watched. Nothing moves that shouldn't. It feels like its the gear box or close to it. But the gear box does move. Has anyone had this happen, where it just clunks at one position? Then is there an easy upgrade, and if so what and how easy is it?

My vote is for the Track bar mount. I had the SAME problem, clunking one way. Found one bolt lose on the trac bar....

Rick

I really thought so to, but the bolts aren't moving. Could I disconect the trackbar and turn the steering wheel to see if it still makes the noise?

any cracks around the sheet frame where the box connects? invest in a crok type brace with ffresh grade 8's if your running 33's+
edit: i see somebody already mentioned this, id check this tho. the frame around my box cracked on my old rig and eventually tore the top bolt thru.

Back