• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Super 40

Zice

NAXJA Forum User
yes its another one of those exhaust questions. I know search well I did and no thread really got me where I wanted to be...

this is the closest I could find to my situation http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86588&highlight=flowmaster
Im in the same boat I was planning on buying the flowmaster kit from rustys for my xj but when i was reading the info on that product it comes with a delta flow and Im not a huge fan of the delta flow

so yea heres the deal I want a good sounding flowmaster I realize im not running a 350 with cam and headers but I want my xj to sound as loud and clean as possible... the super 40 series really caught my eye when I was looking into flowmasters but without headers yet what would that sound like? I want a deep, throaty sound that resembles a ricer as little as possible would it be in my best intrest to just go with the delta from rustys or should I put togethter my own setup?

also I was thinking about running a turndown right out of the muffler and not running 2.5 pipe the rest of the way out... good idea or bad?

thanks

I run 2.5" pipe with a flowmaster series 40, all the way out to the rear.

its LOUD. ;) I dont mind it on the street but on the highway its irritating. I'm either going to stop driving the jeep daily or pull the flowmaster off.

Go ahead and run the exhaust all the way out, you will still get the sound you want.

perhaps, but it will still be quieter than the sound of your steering components slopping around. :)

I run Rusty's 2.5 exhaust with a series 40 and no cat...

It's not too loud for me...

That's what the sound system is for.

:D

i had the 40 series in my xj and its a little to loud especialy(sp) on the trails so im goin to the 50

Zice said:
wow you guys sound like a bunch of 90 year old women haha

I like em loud as long as it still has good tone and deepness.
if it was a DD then id run the super 40 (i still might run one instead of the 50) but the trails i run on are narrow so it just aplifies the sound and tends to get anoying

wow you guys sound like a bunch of 90 year old women haha

Haha, thats funny, I noticed the same thing. I hear you brother, the louder the better. My buddy has a 2 chamber on his 4.0, and it sounds absolutely wicked. I just put a flow on mine, but I still have the cat, and yeah is better than stock, but its just not loud enough for me.

im running 2.5" with a flowmaster DF 50 series and rustys 2.5" tailpipe with no cat. sounds great. not loud, until you get on it, then its loud

firm advocate for a super turbo muffler and a cutout. loud when you want it quiet when you want it

green50gt said:
Haha, thats funny, I noticed the same thing. I hear you brother, the louder the better. My buddy has a 2 chamber on his 4.0, and it sounds absolutely wicked. I just put a flow on mine, but I still have the cat, and yeah is better than stock, but its just not loud enough for me.
yeah man! but thats what I was worried about because I will be running my cat on mine because I dont feel like buying one of those o2 sensor cheaters but if it makes that much of a difference then I just might have too.. what 2 chamber muffler is he running?

Back