• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i love no doors... but hate p/windows

TsizeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i have 95 sport with power everything. i recently took my doors off. i work downtown and dont want to leave my doors off while parked in the garage. other than that, and when it rains, my doors are off. right now i have the 15 million wires in each door wired up with these stupid connectors. it is a pain cause i have to connect everyone just to have all my windows and power locks and speakers to work. any good ideas on one big clip i can connect all the wires to so i just undo one clip when itake my doors off???

any good ideas are better than what i am doing right now. it takes atleast 15 mins to do these wires and they come apart and ahhh i hate it!

look around for a wiring harness that has the right number of wires and cut out the stock plugs and replace them with the one harness. might check at RV dealers, radio shack, ebay, etc

wait, do you want your rear windows and locks to work with the fronts off, or just an easier way to harness your wires when putting the fronts back on.
if it is the latter, you dove in without looking, behind the kickpanels by your clutch foot and the passengers right foot there are harnesses that simply clip off, one master harnes a speaker clip and a red clip (drivers side) just detach and pull threw. if you want the windows in the rear to work with the front doors off, find the wires that the rears run to and run them to a switch in the cab. i hope you didnt cut all the wires in the door and plug them...

Find a local electronics shop in your area, (not radio shack) They will have a large assortment of modular plugs. I got a 15 position plug for the drivers side and 9 position plug for the passenger, cost leass then $10. HTH

Gary

i didnt know about that plug by the foot. i didnt think there was one :gonnablow yes i did cut all those wires because i plan on getting a big clip like OBX was talking about. im going to take a look at the clip by the left foot and if that suits my needs ill re-soder the wires and what not so it will be fine. i have experience in sodering and electronics so im not too worried. i just hate wirring. i appreciate the help!

Last edited:
tealcherokee said:
you could go manual windows and just leave the power locks disconnected, and you can make your cherokee a "sport" :)
^^
I might be doing that myself...Less to short out when my XJ gets wet.

As I recall, Jeg's and Summit both carry something called "Jamb-Tac," which are ganged spring-loaded contacts that you can fit into the door jamb. They "make" the circuit when the door is closed, and "break" when it's open.

They're intended for hot-rodders and restomodders who want to get rid of wiring when the door is open, but I see no reason why they can't work for other applications - like this - as well...

5-90

346%3C26796%7Ffp342%3Enu%3D3253%3E6%3B8%3E935%3EWSNRCG%3D323378%3A546833nu0mrj

Those are sweet looking! I see a multitude of applications..

yea, dont spend anything, i just did the exact mod, made em like yj doors so they slide rite out, it takes me literally all of 2 minutes to get them both off and about 3 back on. on the left side there is a few sets. unplug the black master harness, a red clip thats about .5"x1" and a little green one which is hidden more towards teh fusebox up there. repeat on the other side, sans the red one because its not there lol

after that you press the little rubber stopper threw to the outside and slide the harness and the two clips which are taped together. it takes some tampering to get the black one through, but if you turn itso the wires are on top and it is skinny ways out, it comes out pretty easily. do it on the other side wich takes about a half a minute and ur doors easily come off

i am just really board im sure u already did it a few times to perfect it, just felt like typin a write up lol

rocklandxjer said:
yea, dont spend anything, i just did the exact mod, made em like yj doors so they slide rite out, it takes me literally all of 2 minutes to get them both off and about 3 back on. on the left side there is a few sets. unplug the black master harness, a red clip thats about .5"x1" and a little green one which is hidden more towards teh fusebox up there. repeat on the other side, sans the red one because its not there lol

after that you press the little rubber stopper threw to the outside and slide the harness and the two clips which are taped together. it takes some tampering to get the black one through, but if you turn itso the wires are on top and it is skinny ways out, it comes out pretty easily. do it on the other side wich takes about a half a minute and ur doors easily come off

i am just really board im sure u already did it a few times to perfect it, just felt like typin a write up lol

That will work, but it has NO cool factor, like the Jamb-tac..:D

very true, very true lol...

o and i almost forgot disconnect the door jam buzzer which is up there too, otherwise youll be hearing bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz forever lol and your lights will always be on

my jeep is a sport :loveu:

i want the jam things! im going to check on price and maybe order me some! if too much ill stick to unclipping the whole thing and pull it through.

Back