• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 inch budget lift

I choose none of the above. Try reading these sites first, and you can build a budget Jeep that will actually function:

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com (check out his budget XJ lift site)
http://members.aol.com/Stvns/
After these and searching the NAXJA site you will have all the answers you need...

Front spacers suck because you will need a lengthened bumpstop and your shocks will still need to be replaced.

Rear blocks will DESTROY your leaf springs with ridiculous axlewrap.

Lowered transfercase will stress the bearings and lead to leaks.

Research first and then do it right...

TsizeXJ said:
what size tire are you wanting to run? you can get a 2" BB from www.rustysoffroad.com for 100 bucks. i have it and run 31's with cute fenders. u can keep your stock shocks. get the BB with the rear shackle. that is what i had first but sold it. now i have 2" blocks and they suck just like beej said!

Got any pictures of those cute little fenders?

Beej said:
...Front spacers suck because you will need a lengthened bumpstop and your shocks will still need to be replaced.

Lowered transfercase will stress the bearings and lead to leaks...

Won't one want to adjust their bumpstop heights with taller coils?

How, exactly, are the bearings in the transfer case being stressed with a lowering kit?

woody said:
Won't one want to adjust their bumpstop heights with taller coils?

How, exactly, are the bearings in the transfer case being stressed with a lowering kit?
Good question, I've never done it, I'm only repeating what I have heard. Not a good judgment call in this case I guess...

Im kinda new here and just got my first XJ this year, but I am not new to 4x4's. The only thing that is going to stress the transfer case and its seals is having it at an incorrect angle in correlation to the diffs. This is my guess as to why someone would install spacers to drop it a little. I wouldnt go more than 3/4" to 1" though. More than that just sounds to me like it would put stress in other parts of the driveline or possibly be hard on mounts. This is just my guess, not the gosphel

cuite little fenders....phfff :twak: they really arent that bad though. i did bend the driver side fender a little though cause they still rub just a smidge.

122288075013_290.jpg

122288074629_290.jpg

122288072581_290.jpg

EDIT: my rear fender has been rolled under so that extra inch in the last pic is GONE! i dont have a pic of it yet but i just recently painted the heep and will be posting pix sometime this weekend!

Last edited:
lowering the transfer case would only effect the front output.(unless you have vac or hubs) my friends TJ had 1.5'' of lowering(i always made fun of it), the front cv seized up and blew the case

Back