• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help!

emmaus777

NAXJA Forum User
I've done a few searches, but can't the answer I am looking for. A few days ago I started hearing very strange noises under the hood. I tracked it down to the A/C commpresser pulley. Sounds like the bearings a shot. Anyway, the Jeep was driven yesterday and the pully started smoking badly and it smelled aweful. My question is where can I find a replacement pulley? I can't find a source anywhere so a can use all the help you can give.

Thanks,
Robb

OK, I've checked at every auto parts store in the area, and online...I can't find just the clutch/pulley assembly anywhere. I may have to buy the whole compressor. In the meantime, is it possible to buy a belt made for a '98 w/o ac and bypass the ac pulley until I find what I need?
Thanks for the help

Sheesh !!! you can get a new compressor w/clutch @ www.rockauto.com for the price of that clutch.
X@ what Langer said, find out what compressor you have and you get the bearing size from that, then just replace the bearing(s)

Back