• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep noises

*xj-man*

NAXJA Forum User
hey! i just finished putting on a 6.5 in rustys la on my jeep. and whenever i push on the gas i get this like snap sound from my front drive shaft. i was thinking a u-joint, but i was just checking to see if anyone had the same problem? could it be the track bar? and also some times whenever i hit a bump i get SERIOUS death wabble. it feelings like my steering is going to fall off...how can i get eliminate that problem? thanks erik

its probably the adj arms making noises. remove the front shaft and test drive it. also pack the arms with some good thick grease

did you get an alignment??

Check the track bar first. It needs to have zero play in both joints and all mounting points. A loose Track bar will make alot of poping noises and allow the axle to shift left and right causing Death wobble. Check the control arms second. Even if the bolts are tight there may still be some play in the joints. Third, look at the springs and see if they are rubbing and/or seated right. Forth, check the shocks top mounting stud, make sure the rubber is seated in the hole and is compressed some. Hope this helps.:lecture:

Back