• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just to whet your appetite....

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
A couple pics from my camera. The real photos are forthcoming.

Props to the DOT for getting Chinook pass open for the holiday weekend...it couldn't have been easy!
1148957821.jpg

1148961968.jpg

The operative word for the weekend was "sloppy." And not just 'cause I was drunk around the campsite.... ;)
1148962137.jpg

More soupy goodness:
1148954664.jpg

Making up time after sleeping through my alarm clock Saturday morning:
1148961950.jpg

Somone from PNWJeep "pulling a Jason:" ;)
1148954800.jpg

Digging the new TnT's (big thanks to ECKSJAY and Avanteone):
1148954500.jpg

Latest mod:
1148963200.jpg

Anyway, there will be much more coming as well as a more complete write-up.

-----Matt-----

Re: Just to wet your appetite....

Very nice, Matt. Glad I didn't go now. ;)

I'm more of a sandwich kinda guy...not so much into the soup. :D

BTW, you're going to need your lift stuff re-torqued after that trip. :)

Re: Just to wet your appetite....

ECKSJAY said:
BTW, you're going to need your lift stuff re-torqued after that trip. :)
...and a new front drive shaft...and a new master cylinder...and a new roof rack...and a new tailgate...and...and...ahhhhh it never stops!!!

pdxxjnoob said:
Awesome! Where was that at?
Avanteone said:
Myself and several of the PNWJeep crew will be at Little Naches as usual, camped in Long Meadow.

John
Big thanks to John and the PNW guys for putting up with a smart-ass NAXJA newb for three days. But wait...I wheeled more then they did! ;) Myself and one of the PNW rigs (Tim and his wife Alexa) took a sneaky back-way short-cut and made it up to the rocks on our way out to I-90 via Manastash...which was probably the best wheeling of the weekend for me.

-----Matt-----

Avanteone said:
Little Naches.

I've got NO pictures, still camera-less. I know Tim and others from our club got pics, I'll throw up a link as soon as some are posted.

J
I saw a bunch of Tim and Alexa's pics...some cool shots, including the toboggan run. :)

Oh...I'll be coming to see you tomorrow after the show. Will you be in around 10:30-ish?

-----Matt-----

Last edited:
I didn't take any pictures up on the trails. But I can sure vouch for how sloppy things were Friday evening. Really wet, lots of heavy mud. I didn't take my jeep up, took the yota up there with nine others from the Tri-Cities in our group. My first time out with the yota, and it worked fine, but was sure different than the jeep. :) I stayed off the really hard stuff, but several of the group went for it. Lots of damage to equipment. Heard that from many people up there. The weather was rough Friday. Like to froze to death Friday night. Slept in my clothes, a couple sweat shirts (one hooded) two sleeping bags. Air mattress got a hole in it and went flat. Was wet, rained, etc. But it was a good fun trip, specially if you like challenges! :) I did cheat though, Saturday morning Jerry and I drove down to Whistlin Jacks for breakfast.

Also it wasn't as crowded as I was expecting, and I think the weather kept a lot of people from camping out. :)

And some more:

(BTW, all pics were shot by Alexa Boone...I'm too broke after the TnT's to buy a digital camera!)

The tobaggan run:
DSCN5640.jpg

Pretty steep:
DSCN5639.jpg

More:
DSCN5641.jpg

John stuck on a log in a mud pit:
DSCN5576.jpg

Me Stuck on a log in a mud pit:
DSCN5584.jpg

The only one who made it throught said log/mud pit...SWB to the rescue:
DSCN5589.jpg