• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ultimate xj power plant

xjjunkie

NAXJA Forum User
here ya go guys, be top dog. it's for sale. small block chevy-463ci
makes 935-hp on the motor, 1650-hp w/both stages of NOS. new cost $49,500, make offer. includes many new,good usable,and blown-up junk parts. it is the worlds fastest small block chevy---nitrous powered car. 1963 corvette, goe's 6.67 @ 213mph.

scot
fc8f360a.jpg

Yikes.
I always dreamed of putting the Aluminum V-8 out of an early 60's Olds F85. Those things were lil rockets/sleepers. Not much low end, but power to weight was awesome. Eagle and some of the other old farts may remember the flop GM had on that one... they had a Turbo model with water injection.... but the consumer was too lazy, and gas station attendant not knowledgeable in the fact that the water reservoir had to be refilled. They did not stay in production long. 1962-1964 or 5 IIRC.

I think that GM sold the tooling to Rover, and their V8 is still patterned after it. I may be wrong though, but this was correct last time I looked in to it a few years ago.

Glenn

All I have to say is OMFG my supercharged 4.0 can take me faster than I ever want to go there is no way I would ever ever put that much power into a xj thats just asking for a broken everything.

I'm total against using anything but a AMC V8 or 6cyl in a jeep. (ok a 2.5 aswell) A freind told me about a 2dr xj he saw one time that was prostreeted and he said looked sweet and that was 8 yrs ago. you can get goo hp #s out of a amc v8 with out alot of work. and with a DIY turbo you'd make Big blocks cry.

My dad has the 360 AMC in His willys and hes gettin about 400 hp which is plenty to lift the front with rear lockers...

400 hp on 93 is not that hard. my 401 in my 71 amx is putting down damn near 450hp and it not that built up. it good enough for a 12second pass in a 3500lb car.

400 hp on 93 is not that hard. my 401 in my 71 amx is putting down damn near 450hp and it not that built up. it good enough for a 12second pass in a 3500lb car.

Sorry, I was talking about the 935 Hp small block that started this thread...yeah, almost 500 Hp is easy on pump gas, but 935 is a slightly different story....

Wouldn't a 5.9 out of a Dodge Dakota R/T be a good choice. It is a quick truck, from what my Bro-n-law tells me.

I dunno if the 'frame' rails under the motor mounts could live with a lot of V8 abuse...easy to remedy/reinforce that during the swap though.

One thing in favor of a non-chevy engine is the distributor being on the front of the block (non issue on the newest generations with coil-on plug)

Glenn Baker said:
Yikes.
I always dreamed of putting the Aluminum V-8 out of an early 60's Olds F85. Those things were lil rockets/sleepers. Not much low end, but power to weight was awesome. Glenn
Not only an old-timer, but also owner of one said GM alum 3.5 V-8, in pieces in the shed (actually, it was under the Buick name, at least mine was).
Inherited from sister's HS daily driver.
Very light weight, kinda weird to curl a V-8 block and crank!!!
What modern auto tranny would mate to this, do you know?
Offy still lists a 4 bbl manifold, do you know of any other performance parts, specifically a cam with an RV grind?

Yeah, GM sold the tooling to Rover.
They put it in sedans, and MG shoehorned it into MGB-GT's, talk about power-to-weight!!!
Then it was FI'd and stuffed into Triumph TR-8's in the late 70's.

It was a gutless wonder went it first went into Range Rover's, prolly cause the weigh 2.5 tons+.
I *think* the current Rover V-8's are descended from the same block.

You mean the mighty 2.5 isn't the ultimate engine??? :bawl:

Back