• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

couple small upgrades

scottmc

NAXJA Forum User
Over the weekend I trimmed the plastic on stock front bumper, added Rustys adjustable track bar and a Rancho steering stabilizer. Everything went well except the stabilizer, what a pain in the ___! Tried everything to pop it free from tie rod. Started by beating the crap out of it with a BFH, all that did was screw up the bolt. Next I cut off the end of stock bolt and tried using a pitman arm puller, no success. Next I tried to drill out the bolt, nothing. Finally, I went back to the puller using a bolt in the hole I just drilled and a piece of pipe on the end of my wrench, it popped free. I put a leather belt on the stock stabilizer (tip I got from this forum) good thing because it came out with some force. Did a little victory dance when it popped!
9ee148c6.jpg
100_0843.jpg

Over the weekend I trimmed the plastic on stock front bumper, added Rustys adjustable track bar and a Rancho steering stabilizer. Everything went well except the stabilizer, what a pain in the ___! Tried everything to pop it free from tie rod. Started by beating the crap out of it with a BFH, all that did was screw up the bolt. Next I cut off the end of stock bolt and tried using a pitman arm puller, no success. Next I tried to drill out the bolt, nothing. Finally, I went back to the puller using a bolt in the hole I just drilled and a piece of pipe on the end of my wrench, it popped free. I put a leather belt on the stock stabilizer (tip I got from this forum) good thing because it came out with some force. Did a little victory dance when it popped!

I just received my trac bar today, and spent my whole weekend trying, prying and crying to get the old stabiizer out... isn't that the most ignorant thing you've ever seen? I did the same things you did but still haven't got it out, will take it into a shop and have them do what they can.
As for the new trac bar I got the HD mount and frame stiffener with it. How was the install for yours?

Right on, thanks for the info, would like to get the pieces on ASAP, the more I see my Jeep from the front the more the off center axle stands out to me. ahwell cosmetics I guess... and not liking having parts just laying around not doing what they were bought for.

thanks for the help

Back