• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof Rack

herreraxto

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking on the roof racks some of them are too expensive and other ones i don’t like their designed or the material they are using, so i decide to build my own i just need a little bit of help from you can you post some photos, designs, materials that you used or any write up on how to make them anything TIA

i dont know if this would help any. i have a Surco roof rack with the load bars. i love the design on the XJ. i dont have the specs right now cause i am at work but if u would like i can give u exact messurements and more pics is u want. its really simple yet strong. its not very big though but i think its perfect :loveu:

124096682373_3300_1.jpg

Last edited:
i would say so. i havent put one up there yet. i only have 31s right now. if you were going to build it i could take detailed pics and messurements and you could build it from there. make it as strong as u feel needed. the weak part i feel is the bars running on the botton that hold everything. the sides and the load bars are very sturdy.

TsizeXJ said:
i would say so. i havent put one up there yet. i only have 31s right now. if you were going to build it i could take detailed pics and messurements and you could build it from there. make it as strong as u feel needed. the weak part i feel is the bars running on the botton that hold everything. the sides and the load bars are very sturdy.

i ran that rack on mine for awhile before i sold it back to tom, i drove to florida with a 235 spare on it and had it strapped down REALLY tight, it held up fine and i would put a 33 on it without a second thought, of course getting it up there is a b*tch :D the surco is not that expensive either, it probably runs around 200 new from summit racing

yes, i ran that setup for 2 years.
herreraxto said:
i like the surco but, is it strong to hold a 33 tire?

rackattack.com Yakima Mega Warroir. Get the spare tire mount and the axe shovel bracket. That thing will hold up fine. I work there and sell them, thats the basket. Unless you want to go Winderness, but that gets expensive fast.

Back