• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axles

nwjeeper91

NAXJA Forum User
It's time to upgrade axles. I'm considering a few options. 44 front, 60 rear(both full size). Or a waggy front end. I already have the cherokee rear 44. What years would I like to keep an eye open for with the waggy front end, and if any one knows what years of rear 60's are more worth it. I already know what front full size i would use(ford HP44). Thanks in advance for the help. I would really appreciate everyone refraining from all the haggling about full size axles. Been there heard that. It's all still up in the air. I really need to decide what I'm doing. So any help with the above questions would be greatly appreciated.

BILL

chainsaw.gif

you read the stickys right
sounds like you dont want a LP44 front off a waggy.
front and rear fullsize axles off a 77-79 f250 is ideal

I always thought the 77-79 ford axles were the good ones, but according to crash the good ones are 70-76. And what makes you think that I dont want a waggy front end?

nwjeeper91 said:
I always thought the 77-79 ford axles were the good ones, but according to crash the good ones are 70-76.
those are the HP44 as well iirc. i was saying if i were to do a dual swap the 77-79 would be my doner. 60 1 ton rear...
nwjeeper91 said:
And what makes you think that I dont want a waggy front end?
like i said Low Pinion44 front

nwjeeper91 said:
I always thought the 77-79 ford axles were the good ones, but according to crash the good ones are 70-76. And what makes you think that I dont want a waggy front end?

it is if its out of an F250 .if its out of a F100 or F150 then the early years are better since they have the welded on "C" mounts

so for a 44 you want 78~79 F250 or 70~77/76 for F100~150

i put money into waggy 44s with a low pinion front. wish i had the money for a front hp, but dont. i just didnt want the front axle to wide for the high way or would gone with ford hp. i think i heard 87 early dodges have a 60 that has same spring perch width in back. tell you how the front is when its installed.

nwjeeper91 said:
I always thought the 77-79 ford axles were the good ones, but according to crash the good ones are 70-76.
77-79 Ford HP44s (half-ton) have cast radius arm mounts, so you'd need to run Ford radius arms in order to run that front axle. Not necessarily a bad thing; quite a few people on this forum run them. 70-76 have welded-on mounts, so you can run whatever front suspension setup you want.

Back