• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Wheels Question

Ewenm

NAXJA Forum User
another question.

i have a '94 XJ Limited its raised about 2.5 inches i currently run "us wheel- Hammers" 7x15 with 4.25 back spacing i have run 13x10.5 tyres with minimal rubbing ( front guards slightly trimmed)

I am now looking at new wheels and like the "Dick Cepek DC-1" in 15x8 BUT they have a back spacing of 3.65 so my question is? is this to much will it cause added strain on wheel bearings/hubs etc. by my calculations these wheels will protrude about 1.6 inches further than my current wheels so they will be real close to flush with the rear guard flares and be about 2 inches outside of the front

P.S i drive this car only on weekends , ocasionly towing my boat and some soft of road driving

what do you think

Regards Ewen

122288076165_290.jpg

i have 15x8 with a 3.75 back spacing, love the look of the wider stance! i rub on the rear fender when flexed out, as seen in pic. i have since cut and rolled my rear fender so when flexed out i have about .5-1 inch of clearance all around. i am running a rustys BB with 31s.

hope this helps

did you extend your bump stops? i had to replace my bump stops recently and there was a choice of 3" which was what i had or 4" so maybe the 4" stops will minimize the rubbing on the body.

how about the front wheels when turning?

Regards ewen

Back