• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are we being picky?

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I see a couple of posts moved recently, is this OK with you all?

I see nothing wrong with folks asking questions from people in their own area. I don't favor nitpicking and moving threads. Rick clearly asked advice from those who are running the local trails that he plans to run. Sounds OK to me.

Yeah Remi!

Quit that sh!t :D

Fawking polish thread Nazi!

Goatman said:

I see nothing wrong with folks asking questions from people in their own area. I don't favor nitpicking and moving threads. Rick clearly asked advice from those who are running the local trails that he plans to run. Sounds OK to me.
Have you talked to Rick? Well I did (OK, traded PM's :D) He was fine with the move. I suggested to him that the move would be beneficial to him as it would expose it to a wider range of opinions. So are you OK with that?

Btw, I'm following the guideline that is stated in the forum description:
SoCal Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums

Threads moved so far that I recall:
1. Question about availability of Hi9 axles as stock items from vehicles went to ModTech
2. Question about steering upgrades went to ModTech
3. Question about engine replacement: what to do and how to do it went to OEM
4. A tcase wanted went to wanteds

So.... what is there anything wrong with those moves? or are we starting a technical subforum in the SoCal chapter :cheers: :D

Last edited:
Kejtar said:
Have you talked to Rick? Well I did (OK, traded PM's :D) He was fine with the move. I suggested to him that the move would be beneficial to him as it would expose it to a wider range of opinions. So are you OK with that?

NO

It was a JV question. That one was 'ok'.

I am impressed though you asked for permission :D

Now 'transfer cast' guy with one post, you should have left it for the pure entertainment value ;)

Kejtar said:
Cracker... with the complaints you've submitted about some of the threads you should not say anything :D

The other one was not worded correctly for what he was asking for. We both spoke to Robert at a M&G and he understood. This, on the other hand specifically said JV.
5booya.gif

cracker said:
NO

It was a JV question. That one was 'ok'.

I am impressed though you asked for permission :D

Ummm and how many responses did he get? Yours... and then it died off.... and did you look at how it's thriving in the mod tech? It's actually on Top and is being discussed. Anyways, not only SoCal folks run JV, there is also Sierra chapter folks, and the visitors from AZ and NV and TX and other places. So which forum should it have been in? Sierra?? Maybe it should have been a double post :D

Btw, the forums are there to serve two parties: the original posters and then searchers. A lot of people get on the case of those who do not search but then again sometimes people search and don't find anything because it's not were it would be expected to be.

Lastly, rules are rules and until someone makes another set of rules I'll stick with the ones that are there.

Last edited:
Goatman said:

I moved it, so kiss my ass.

Kejtar said:
It's actually on Top and is being discussed.

He bought his tires over a month ago :laugh:

Don't give me that crap. You know what we are talking about. You have moved more crap in the last 24 hours than has been moved in the last two years.
5booya.gif

I am still upset about the 'transfer cast' thread :nono:

99xjache said:
Avery,
You havent worn it out yet????

Hell yeah!!!

We are taking a break. She likes to smoke afterwards :D

Kejtar said:

Btw, I'm following the guideline that is stated in the forum description:

Threads moved so far that I recall:
1. Question about availability of Hi9 axles as stock items from vehicles went to ModTech
2. Question about steering upgrades went to ModTech
3. Question about engine replacement: what to do and how to do it went to OEM
4. A tcase wanted went to wanteds

So.... what is there anything wrong with those moves? or are we starting a technical subforum in the SoCal chapter :cheers: :D

Remi, I hate threads being moved. My view is that if they aren't blatantly in the wrong place they should stay where they are. Additionally, the chapter forums belong to the chapters. National has little, if anything, to say about what you all decide to allow. If you all don't want ANY tech discussed, then it's up to you. If you all think it is sometimes beneficial to talk tech, or wanted, or for sale, with the local folks it is up to you all...........no rules apply other than what you all want. This is your forum, provided to you by the national website. You moderate your own forum.

Personally, I wouldn't have moved either post. Rick was specifically asking those of us with JV experience, who are his friends. The other guy was asking local people about the availability of a part, and he is new, so it might be nice to give him a chance to interact with the local people. Now he's stuck where hardly anybody looks.

Do you want your moderating to be technically correct, or practically appropriate?

Lincoln said:
I moved it, so kiss my ass.

You might need to shave a spot

Kejtar said:
Well you wanted it to abuse it, I've moved it so that he can get the tcase he needs.

tcast, thank you ;)

Goatman said:
Remi, I hate threads being moved. My view is that if they aren't blatantly in the wrong place they should stay where they are. Additionally, the chapter forums belong to the chapters. National has little, if anything, to say about what you all decide to allow. If you all don't want ANY tech discussed, then it's up to you. If you all think it is sometimes beneficial to talk tech, or wanted, or for sale, with the local folks it is up to you all...........no rules apply other than what you all want. This is your forum, provided to you by the national website. You moderate your own forum.
We do have a local for sale forum (also used as wanted) specifically to address the needs of locals. Now someone in all their wisdom made it available only to members (AFAIK non members cannot post new threads in there) so if you want local folks to be able to get most out of wanted and for sale, open up the for sale to non members Mr President. Otherwise then that why have it? So that it only holds posts from the members and the non members post in the general chapter forum? It was explained to me (when a nonmenber was trying to post a for sale ad in the chapter for sale) that the nonmembers should post in general wanted and for sale instead of the local ones.

Personally, I wouldn't have moved either post. Rick was specifically asking those of us with JV experience, who are his friends.
Well, don't the JV wheelers read the ModTech forums? You're trying to split a hair in more pieces then I am. What is better here: hearing opinions of a few friends or a wider group (including those few friends) that will offer their best advice?

The other guy was asking local people about the availability of a part, and he is new, so it might be nice to give him a chance to interact with the local people. Now he's stuck where hardly anybody looks.
People hardly ever look in certain forums because of the following attitude: "I want to post where I think it will be best instead of where it belongs". If you think that the wanted forum is useless why don't you get rid of it?

Anyways, it's a pointless discussion... I'm done with it.

Last edited:
Kejtar said:
I'm done with it.

You can move this to the 'members only' area :D

Back