• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlights won't turn off.

Minter

NAXJA Forum User
Yes, I searched the forum.
My girlfriend's '97 Cherokee's headlights will not turn off. I don't think it has the "headlight sentinel" widget. I think there is a blown relay somewhere but I keep reading posts that state there are no headlight relays on these machines. I even bought a Haynes manual today but it was of little use. She's had the machine for a few years and her brother owned it before that and they both swear it does not have headlight delay.

I took the headlight switch out from under the dash, unplugged it, and the headlights STILL STAYED ON. I checked every fuse and cleaned the contacts on every relay I could find. Still stayed on.

In other words, "I'm confused". I can't find a straight answer anywhere and, frankly, you guys are my only hope!

If I don't fix this soon her and her whole family will never look at me the same again!

Thanks in advance.

Found it!
"Daytime running lamp module" on Canadian machines.

Thanks all.
Now I shall have to find out how much they cost....

i hate canada my brother has a mercury from canada and it is literaly falling apart. i will try to get a pic if i can find my dang camera. no offence to you.

but good candy. areo bars juciyfruit red mars bars....

Back