• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 clunk

norcalsnow

NAXJA Forum User
When i put it in drive and give it gas to begin accelerating i get a quick hesitation followed by an abrupt clunk. then it is fine. it happens everytime i come to a complete stop and accelerate. sometimes when it has finally engaged it does a jerking for a few seconds untill it ges up to speed. i just put the tranny in and toque converter. is there any chance this could be a simple adjustment. p.s. d line is tight.

I have this problem on my Tahoe (which I have not fixed yet) and it also started happening immediately after having the tranny swapped out. Everyone has told me it is the slip yoke on the transmission output to the rear driveline. The splines are catching and the burrs need to be filed and greased. Makes sense to me, but like I said I haven't actually fixed it yet. Let me know if it works for you!

Back