• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

instrument cluster ???

carmannj

NAXJA Forum User
Could somebody tell me a definate answer on whether the odometer mileage is stored in the cluster itself or in my XJ's computer. I keep hearing both in the cluster and in the computer. I want to upgrade to full guages instead of idiot lights but I don't want to alter the mileage on my XJ. My XJ specs are below.

Thanks!!
Carman

1997 Cherokee 4.0L HO, AW4, NP231, 8.25 rear, 3.55's, SYE, 6.5" lift, RE 9900 drop brackets, RE 9905 support braces, Skyjacker extreme drop pitman, RE 1660 HD track bar+1665 bracket, RE 1670 brace, RE mono's, 33"x10.5"x15" TSL's, Rockcrawler 97's 15x8's.

The milege is stored two places, in the computer AND in the instrument gauge cluster. I changed my 98's about 4 years ago from idiot lights to gauge cluster, the gauge cluster was out of a TJ...I just made a note in my owners manual of the discrepancy.

Back