• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Size of full circle clips for SuperJoints?

What Rd

NAXJA Forum User
I received my new SuperJoints (Jantz joints) but they came without the full circle clips I was told were included. This holiday weekend thing is going to kill my ability to get these shipped to me before I leave for the FlatNasty BigDogs run.
I've tried finding them at the local parts stores to no avail so far. Can anyone tell me the dimensions of these full circle clips? I might be able to get them that way.
TIA

1 1/8" but I believe. I can't find where I put the left overs.

I've used 1 1/16" on a lot of them too.

www.mcmaster.com
97633A330
1-3/16
These are what I use and they fit perfectly.

Thanx guys. After running around town all afternoon with a cap and my snap ring pliers, I found 8 that fit right between two different NAPA stores. The NAPA number was 4513, but they weren't marked or stored by dimension.
I ordered up a pack from McMaster to have some on hand.
Thanx again.

Lincoln said:
Also most ACE Hardwares have them if you need them in a hurry.
That's good to know. But I've got a bag of 25 on the way and now that I need them I'll keep a few in the Jeep and a few more in the garage. I hate trying to find something under time constraint when it stands to prevent me from wheeling!

What Rd said:
I hate trying to find something under time constraint when it stands to prevent me from wheeling!

Been there done that, do it every time I go out. :D

TTT for good info that might just save me...

stupid Yukon - i asked the guy - can i get some full circle snap rings? 'sure - we have a kit that we send with the 760's'

kit my ass!

Ace hardware in my town stocks 1-1/8" snap rings, these are approx .035" larger than the snap ring grove on the spicer 5-760x u-joint.

u-joint grove: 1.116"
u-joint cap: 1.188"

my snap rings from ace:
ID: 1.151"
OD: 1.376"
These will not work - too much play...

Rawbrown's part specs from Mcmaster:
snap ring ID: 1.118" would work great... if i had a few days to wait...

Last edited:
no kidding same thing here with my warn kit. no full circle clips. PMO.

Back