• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do i determine amps

pitboss

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone......How can I determine the amperage of a relay?

I have a box full of relays and none are marked with that value.

Also who is your best source for relays ?

Thanks, Mike

thanks for the reply.I'll add their site to my favs. Mike.
I should add that the local NAPA has a good catalog but I think there is a better one somewere.
And if it helps to ID these they are removed from a '92 cherokee so most have numbers but none that translate.....might have helped to ID them as they came out in hind sight....

Last edited:
I said 30 because common auto/parts store are 30a
you could do a melt test on them with a variable load if you had nothing else to do

lmao......okay here is the story....I got this big idea to strip a PDC from an old Cherokee and wire it into WhateverIwanttopowerDC. I installed it into my '95 YJ to power rock-lights, back-up lights,head-light upgrade,compressor, E-fan, and a relay to juice the circuits that needed ignition on only . I like it so much I picked up two more from the junkyard along with the mounts and before you could say Jack Rabbit I had them stripped and in boxes to await the rebuild.....a bit of reading and noting could have saved me guesswork and money. So, there are numbers on them but its mumbo-jumbo. They are SPST,NOs' and I 'm sure the one for the starter is a larger amp then the one next to it????Dunno ...
Mike....

Back