• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to Wheel?

Phager

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good places to wheel in the Corvallis/Albany, OR area. I've been dying to get my MJ dirty, but I don't want to go someplace too far from home my first time out.

TIA

Pat

Sniggs said:
You're welcome to join us on the 10th and/or 11th...

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86127

Oh yeah, I'm going to be there without a doubt, I was just looking for somewhere pretty close by to make sure all the 4WD hardware is functioning properly before trekking up to Tillamook.

Worst case scenario is I find hit up an empty gravel lot nearby to check everything out, I just feel like a poser wheeling on a parking lot! :)

Thanks
Pat

According to a few people that have wheeled there, the Bypasses are all over the place... you should be okay. Got recovery points?

Besides axles? No. I've got bumper hitch but that's not exactly a good recovery point. In all honesty, tow hooks/d-rings are the first thing on my shopping list, I just need more discretionary income before that happens. I know there are bypasses for most everything, and combine that with the fact that this is my 3rd time wheeling, I'll probably err on the cautious side.

I'm not worried about cosmetic damage, just don't want any serious mechanical failures :)

Pat

We're pretty good about getting you through it. I'm anal when it comes to damage... I hate it (but I'm getting better!!) :laugh3:

Personally, I'm more worried about damaging the flora and fauna. My rig was pretty much free for me (I traded a car that I bought for $450 and got more then my moneys worth out of) and already has a good bit of body damage. That, and it's painted flat black, so if I get a scratch I head to AZ and pick up a rattle can and it's good as new :)

Pat

Back