• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E-brake w/Teraflex disc on 8.25?

steveareno

NAXJA Forum User
Those of you who have installed the Teraflex rear disc kit on your 8.25, how did you connect the emergency brakes? I have a 99XJ.
I have ordered the kit and would like to hear of your successful emgency brake installations.
Thanks

I just installed a set of ZJ discs on my 92 and it all went together well and was well worth the time and money. Anyway I had to cut the entire spring off of the cable part that goes into the backing plate. That was kind of time consuming and really a PIA! Once those were off I just wrapped the cable over the lever and secured it with some u-bolt style cable clamps, then readjusted the play. It worked like a charm.

Good luck,
Tony

Thanks for the search information. The Teraflex lines are for a TJ and the MORE kit indicates that it is for 8.8 only; I will call. Now that the long weekend is over, maybe more folks are reading.
What are others doing with their E-brake cables and Teraflex discs?

91 Jeep Project said:
Teraflex discs are essentially ZJ and 8.8 discs. Check out M.O.R.E. they sell 8.8 cables for XJs.......................:thumbup:

steveareno said:
The Teraflex lines are for a TJ and the MORE kit indicates that it is for 8.8 only; I will call.

And the problem is....? Anyways, I think the past searches plus all that's mentioned in this post have covered all the bases. You could always go to inlinetube.com or some custom shop and have them make you some cables.

steveareno said:
Thanks for the search information. The Teraflex lines are for a TJ and the MORE kit indicates that it is for 8.8 only; I will call. Now that the long weekend is over, maybe more folks are reading.
What are others doing with their E-brake cables and Teraflex discs?

Did you even read what I said? TeraFlex, 8.8s, and ZJs all use the SAME brakes. So an 8.8 ebrake cable will work with ZJ discs, and the TeraFlex kit. M.O.R.E. makes XJ 8.8 conversion cables. So all you have to do is pick up a set of those and bolt them onto your Tera Kit. If you don't want to drop the money for those; then search for what everyone has done for the ZJ discs. Because those are the same options you have for your Tera kit.

Back