• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got the skid plates now want to lift

mark-xj00

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

So I just ordered my skid plates and im very pleased with what I got. Now im looking into the lifting of the jeep.

Im a bit confused on the different systems out there and im hopping you guys can clear some things ups.

So here are the different choices that I have, if you have a better product or solution please let me know.

Originally I was looking at budget boost for about 140$ for 3” http://www.rocky-road.com/xjbudget.html
1-My first question is what would be the difference of a budget lift of 3” compared to lets say a regular lift of 3”. Do I get more clearance with the regular lift?

So then I started to look at regular lifts maybe a 3.5” I was thinking from Rubicon http://www.rubiconexpress.com/dynami...p?folderid=185
2-What would be the difference between super ride and superflex??

4-for my last question im trying to figure out what else do I have to think about when lifting my jeep to 3.5” , do I have to drop something or realign different pieces, I know once I pass the 4” I definitely need to convert almost everything but ill figure that out later (or maybe I can add the budget lift at the same time but then I would need bigger tires better gear ratio and my wallet cant really afford that right now)??

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read guys, I look forward to your advise
Sincerely,
Mark

super ride is softer and the superflex has the superflex joints on the control arms I belive. RE makes great stuff if youupgrade to a nice set of shocks the super flex kit rides great. I have the 4.5 super flex kit with OME nitro shocks and LOVE IT.

BRADFORDXJ said:
I would check our Rustysoffroad.com, if you do some searching you get mixed reviews, some good some bad. They have a 3 inch kit that is cheap and a great starting point that way you can always upgrade later

RECOVERY POINTS. Even the OEM front tow hooks are better than nothing (though a front hitch is preferable IMHO - my stupid tow hooks bent dragging an ATV out of some mud), and a Class III rear hitch works great for both towing and inserting a receiver shackle.

With that out of the way... I'm really happy with the way the OME suspension and shocks are working out on mine. Avoid the budget boosts; I know a couple of people who have gone for them and ended up less than happy with the end results over time; having driven two of their rigs, I can see why (coincidentally, both were the RRO kit). And lift blocks just plain suck (yeah, someone's gonna ride my ass for that comment, but I stand by it).

For an out-of-the-box kit, I'd go with either the RE6030 or RE6025 3.5" kits depending on how much you care about on-road manners. Chances are you need to replace your springs anyway, so this would be a good time to do it. My main reasoning behind going with the OME was a) that out of the kits I'd driven I liked its on-road manners the best (though the RE6025 was a really close second) and b) let me do a bit of mixing and matching with the leaves and springs.

Your call - but if I were in your shoes, I'd get the recovery points first since they fall into the 'cheap insurance' category, then start looking into lift kits.

Back