• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ok still no brakes.. last shot before i bring it to a shop

dragon0310

NAXJA Forum User
in my last thread everyone told me to replace the master cylinder.. to recap, replaced drums hardware and shoes, caliper, rotar, and pads.. had a leak near the master clyinder. ok leaks gone. but the breaks are very spongy when the car is running.. and yes i did bleed the system. i got the caliper,s from two different places. while i was bleeding the i noticed one of the capipers is wrong. the bleeder nipple on the passanger side is on the bottom, and on the driver side it is on the top. could this cause the brakes not to work properly. and if so which one is wrong... if not i still want the right ones on the right sides, but what else could cause this to happen...

thanks for all the help everyone..

Since air is lighter, you will want to replace the passenger caliper. You want the bleeder to be on top, where the air can escape. Sounds like no air being able to escape from pass. side. Replace!

Back